|•Accueil||•Historique||•Tourisme||•Vie Culturelle||•Vie Pratique||•Associations|
ST DOMINIC’S CHAPEL
The chapel is a small building which lives in the shadow of its elder sister, the clifftop church, but it too deserves a visit. Half-hidden between the trees on the main road, at the entrance to the village on the right coming from Hautot-sur-Mer, the chapel can be entered from a small path, hardly visible to the stranger.
“There was a wooden chapel at Varengeville on what is now the sports field but in 1942, during the Canadian raid on Dieppe, a German plane fell on it and it was destroyed”.
St. Dominic’s chapel was originally a barn which was renovated, thus giving the diocese a beautiful new building. The renovation in brick, flint and stone of St Dominic’s Chapel began in the 1950s with the addition of a porch and a sacristy to give the priest more room. The chapel was consecrated in 1955 and a cross was set up at the entrance.
Translation : Alison Dufour
|contact||Réalisation PhP Consultant : 06 60 78 08 37 - email@example.com - © Mairie de Varengeville sur Mer||Mentions légales|